Saturday, January 13, 2018

You've Got Mail #3

Hello Hello lovelies & Happy New Year!
Is everyone as baffled as I am that we're 2 weeks into 2018 already!? Because I'm sitting here wondering where the time went.

I have been very busy since Christmas.
Worked finished up on the 22nd December and it's just been Go! Go! Go! since then.
The majority of it is my own doing but I've finally got one more week before I go back to work where I'm just planning on doing absolutely nothing.
Don't get me wrong - being away and road tripping for the past couple of weeks have been amazing and as hectic as it is, it's so good to be back home in Auckland.
And, having time to do nothing else but read to my hearts content.

So, I'm sure this is not just me - I feel like everyone who enjoys reading has this affliction, but I have a really bad habit of reading more than one book at a time. I am only halfway through my first reading of Lord of the Rings, I am halfway through reading Salem's Lot, I am trying to read The Bane Chronicles  - I think it's the 10th time I've restarted, it's one of the books I keep picking up when i'm at my parents and have nothing to do - and I have just completed A Court of Mist and Fury. I think we can see a bit of a pattern here; I love a bit of Fantasy. But also - apparently I have the attention span of a goldfish (and I also have no book loyalty. HA!).

The plan is to write a review for A Court Of... Series. I just need to get my hands on the 3rd book. But keep an eye out and bear with me on this. I've enjoyed the first two so much so far and I really cannot wait to sink my teeth into the third.

For Christmas by BFFL gave me 4 books (hard cover too!) so I'm thinking I might pick up one to read & review for the time being.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday season and I'll see you all for my next review.

- C xx

No comments:

Post a Comment