Thursday, March 19, 2020

Mini Reviews

Hello my lovelies.

A LOT has happened in the past few weeks. The rising threat of the COVID-19 virus has alas gotten worse.
At midnight tonight NZ will be closing its borders to everyone except NZ Citizens or residents. It's been a wild time and I feel like I'm living through an apocalypse movie.

One of the only good things to come out of this situation (and it's only for me personally) is that now I HAVE to stay home which means, a lot of reading will hopefully be getting done.
A couple days ago my best friend and I went to the first (of hopefully many) book clubs that another friend of mine was hosting. My best friend is lucky enough to get sent books to review and she was talking about a condensed form of reviewing that she does for the books she reads. So I thought, going forward instead of writing page long reviews for a few books I do read, I'd write a condensed form on the books I read - this will allow me to write reviews for every book I read as well as make the task of writing reviews less daunting. 


That being said let's start off with the first full book I've read since getting back home.


Title: The Shining

Author: Stephen King
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 310



First sentence: "Jack Torrance though: Officious little prick."


My one Sentence summery: Jack Torrance, with his wife, Wendy and son Danny, move to the Overlook Hotel. Jack is to be the caretaker of the property during the winter months when the hotel is closed. Jack starts to spiral out of control as the spirits of the hotel digs it's claws into him slowly but surely.


My favourite part: I think my favourite part about this book is that it's the first horror book I've read that has actually made me feel scared while reading it. I haven't felt this way since reading Goosebumps when I was a kid.

Stephen King is a classic - I personally think he can do no wrong when it comes to writing horror. 5/5 for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment