Sunday, March 22, 2020

THE LORD OF THE RINGS - J.R.R Tolkien
Genre: Fantasy Fiction


Number of pages: 1031

First sentence: "This book is largely concerned with Hobbits, and from its pages a reader may discover much of their character and a little of their history."
One Sentence summary: If you haven't heard of, read or watched The Lord of The Rings by now - Where have you been living? This is a book of EPIC proportions; if reading about long journeys and epic battles isn't your thing, I recommend putting this book down and finding something else. 
Favourite part: As difficult as this book was for me to read I think the first half of the first book was probably my favourite - the setting out for a journey gave me a sense of excitement to keep reading. I think if I hadn't already watched the movies I would have been far more into the book. 

5/5 - for sheer epicness.

No comments:

Post a Comment